Wednesday, May 13, 2009

16th Thought

This blog is for a class assignment, but wasn't really followed properly - it was supposed to be spread out over a semester, but I ended up taking news from over a very short time span. That method, actually, was incredibly fascinating. It was a snapshot of Israel from so many different angles: science and art, politics and economics. There were stories that depressed me and stories that elated me. I think I found out so much about the country in this one long bout of research.

The class was designed to help us understand Israel better, which I think it fully accomplished. I now better understand the professor's desire for us to keep up on current news as well. So much of this I never would have heard in my country's media. I was able to see both the failings and the incredible successes of the country. I hope, and plan to make a genuine effort, to keep up the project of reading and pondering Israeli news. These posts are for the class, but I think I'll respond to certain articles on my regular blog, to encourage discussion from my peers. The experience was ultimately rewarding and informational.

No comments:

Post a Comment